● Heart disease is a top killer of women. Risk factors: obesity, stress, smoking- all high
among lesbians and bisexual women.
● Lesbians and bisexual women are more likely to be overweight or obese.
● Only 30% of gay and bisexual men were tested for HIV in the past year.
● 30% of gay and bisexual men have never gotten tested for HIV.
● PrEP reduces the risk of HIV by over 90% when taken daily.
● Nearly 60% of gay and bisexual men don’t know about PrEP.
Why is it important to have the right physician or Health Care Provider?
● LGBTQ elders face barriers to health due to isolation and lack of social services.
● 56% of LGB people experience discrimination in healthcare.
● 1 in 5 LGBTQ individuals withhold info about their sexual history from health care provider.
● One in three Primary Care Providers haven’t heard about PrEP.
If I’m under the age of 18, don’t I need a parent to see a doctor?
No, as long as you are 12 years of age or older.
So let us find you a clinic today!