The Chief Operating Officer/Associate Executive Director (COO/AED) provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Project Kinship fulfills its programmatic mission in the community, exercises sound fiscal practices and achieves organizational effectiveness through operational excellence. As the COO/AED, this team member will oversee all programmatic components of the organization, support revenue development and management, establish a culture of engagement and accountability, and help the Executive Director build out the Board and other community partnerships, and establish Project Kinship as a powerful advocate for criminal justice reform. The COO/AED also partners with the Executive Director and Directors in maintaining the values and culture of the organization, elevating staff relations, and ensuring the promotion of individuals with lived experience.
Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred areas of study include: Business Management, Human Services, Nonprofit Management, Social Sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
While a License Eligible Master’s level in Social Work or Counseling is not required, understanding of clinical and/or social sector programming is preferred.
• Command of general financial principles and ability to interpret and communicate financial reports and statements
• Extensive management and program experience with a focus on provision of social services and/or county programs
• Strong knowledge of HR best practice, including recruitment, professional development, and employee relations management
• Understanding of government and foundation contracts
• Demonstrated competence in service coordination and networking with other human service, health care providers and government agencies.
• Knowledge and experience in administration of a team effort, including team building; familiarity with referral sources; and the ability to supervise and manage both professional and paraprofessional staff.
• Knowledge of working principles of Trauma Informed Services
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary team of care including peers, consumers, and families • Experience working with and understanding boards and other governance bodies
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to HR@charitableventuresoc.org.